Hospitality posted on Jun 4, 2019
The ‘Zoe-Bars’ are two bars located in the Schanzenviertel district of Hamburg. A relaxed atmosphere, comfy sofas and mellow beats make the Zoe-Bars the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a drink. It comes to no surprise DEHOGA (Deutscher Hotel- und Gaststättenverband) has awarded the bars with the ‘Best Gastronomy of 2016’ awards. The beautifully decorated Zoe-Bars, owned by Thomas Haack, are even used as a background in photo shoots, commercials and cinema productions, which make a user-friendly access control system a necessary investment.
The two bars, with a total of 500 square meters indoor and 300 square meters outdoor have been happily using a SALTO access control system for 15 years. Unfortunately their access control system was severely destroyed during a burglary. In search for a replacement Thomas Haack asked SALTO Systems for advice and was recommended SALTO KS Keys as a Service (formerly known as Clay by SALTO).
Zoe-Bars needed and wireless electronic access control system that allowed real-time and remote access management as well as easy installation. Thomas Haack was immediately convinced by this solution since it fulfilled all his requirements, such as:
- Saving time: First and foremost, Zoe-Bars valued the function of collecting access data via smart locks, so the staff doesn’t need to collect names at the door which saves a lot of time. “We are not so much concerned with security as with keeping track of who has stayed where and for how long", he adds.
- Access on-the-go: One of the main reasons why Zoe-Bars chose SALTO KS was the mobile functions of the solution: "We use the app to check ‘on the go’ whether the bars have been opened on time or whether the cleaning staff have kept to the agreed time.”
- Remote opening: "We are very much in demand as a film and photo location. Due to our many years of cooperation with filmmakers, it often happens that we are asked spontaneously whether they can shoot with us at short notice. No matter at which time and no matter where I am. I can use the app to open the doors for the film team. This function already caused quite some astonishment."
Zoe-Bars currently manages a total of 35 users in the system with ease. The system will soon be extended with five additional electronic cylinders.
"It saves us a lot of time because granting and revoking access rights is very easy. I can even say it's fun to do these things along the way."
Main benefits of implementing SALTO KS for the Zoe-Bars:
- The system saves a lot of time, because you don’t have to collect the access data at the doors
- Granting and revoking access rights is very easy
- No matter where you are, you can remotely open the doors via app
- Monitor the system on the go
“SALTO KS is simply state of the art – it is the iPhone among locking systems. The system is easy to use, but still rich of functionality. And with the mobile app you have all information always at hand. Our bars are frequently used as photo and filming location. Thanks to the remote opening I save a lot of time, money and hassle, because I do not have to try to find someone opening the doors for spontaneous film crews at 5 o’clock in the morning, I’ll just do it via the app.I am really happy with the system and am going to install one at my home as well.”